Cameras for Marketing Business

How to shoot best high-definition video in various specific situations, regardless of camcorder model. Accessories: tripods, stabilizers, lights...
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: Cameras for Marketing Business

Post by acgold7 »

I think the Zoom is the simplest solution, as I assume you will be running the camera unattended... just setting it up in the back of the room and pressing "REC." It's also the cheapest. I also assume there will be multiple speakers sitting at a table, as the word "discussion" was used in the original post. You could set up the Zoom with a short mic stand either on a conference table or a lectern in about ten seconds. All you do is push REC and it works fine. Its built-in mics are very good.

Wireless lavs will get you the best sound but you need one per person, so it gets expensive and complicated if you have more than one person speaking.

Syncing in post is really simple once you get the hang of it.

Again, let me urge you to avoid wasting your money on any on-cam mic solution.
Adam
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

Stephan wrote:I like Adam's suggestion of using a Zoom H4n. I've never used one of those, wouldn't it be easier to set up on location at the seminars?.
I have a Zoom H4N - it's a handy piece of equipment. It has 2 cardioid condenser mics at 90degrees to each other. it still needs to be placed as close as possible to the sound source. I have recorded acoustic guitar and vocals with this.
rebekahlmueller

Post by rebekahlmueller »

I'm fine with syncing audio, although the only thing concerns me is making sure that those handling the equipment at the conference/seminar will be able to understand how to use it.
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

You push REC. When you're done you push STOP.
Adam