My Tapes are not playing at al in the HDV Camera..Help

How to shoot best high-definition video in various specific situations, regardless of camcorder model. Accessories: tripods, stabilizers, lights...
ojmustaparta

My Tapes are not playing at al in the HDV Camera..Help

Post by ojmustaparta »

I never had this problem before. A few minutes ago I was watching footage from this weekend on my camera and all was fine. Then I tried to put in a new the tape and watch and its all blue..no picture whatsoever. I tried to switch back and forth to hdv and just dv and no luck. Everything was fine before..please advise
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: My Tapes are not playing at al in the HDV Camera..Help

Post by acgold7 »

When was the last time you cleaned the heads?
Adam
ojmustaparta

Post by ojmustaparta »

I never did...how do i do that?
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

With a cleaning cassette like this one.

You run it briefly in the camcorder, no more than 10s.
ojmustaparta

Post by ojmustaparta »

Thanks...did it & still nada..I have no clue why this happened..its not like i always use th camera & I definitely ake good care of it. I had it since 2008..any ideas?
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

hej

OK I will go for the most simplistic suggestion and it is this :
Are you 100% SURE that you actually recorded anything on the tape you are trying to watch? You may have put in a completely blank tape by accident thinking that it was a tape that you have recorded something on. If it is a blank tape (or maybe you THOUGHT you had pressed 'REC' by it the camera was still in 'STBY' mode) then it will play back bluescreen.

Try playing back multiple other tapes that you know have recordings on them. If they play back ok, then it would indicate a problem with this one tape rather than a problem with the camera itself. Try to isolate the problem : is it the tape? is it the camera? switch tapes / camera / cables&connections (if trying to play on a TV), batteries, everything until you can isolate the problem.
My bet is that the camera, for whatever reason, failed to record anything on that tape, and so it was a 'failed to record' problem, rather than a 'failed to playback' problem.
ojmustaparta

Post by ojmustaparta »

It was working fine with the other tape and i got to see my stuff. i tried another tape that i recorded on before & watched footage on and still the blue screen..no playback. what happens if i reset the camera?
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

ojmustaparta wrote:It was working fine with the other tape and i got to see my stuff. i tried another tape that i recorded on before & watched footage on and still the blue screen..no playback. what happens if i reset the camera?
OK so you are now saying that NO tapes will playback on the camcorder, correct? you have tried other tapes that you know to be good and none of them will playback?

try the several tapes incvluding the questionable one AND a known-to-be-good tape in another HDVmachine.
ojmustaparta

Post by ojmustaparta »

I tried tapes that I know had footage...still no playback. I even recorded on a blank tape and tried playing back and there was nothing
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

Go ahead and try the hard reset.
Adam