Sony U.S. HDV Rebates

News from NAB, CES, IBC... Announcements from manufacturers for new products to come.
Frank

Sony U.S. HDV Rebates

Post by Frank »

I realize that interest in the HDV format has waned considerably over the course of the last couple of years, but I thought that someone should mention that Sony U.S., as they are often prone to do at this time of year, is offering mail-in rebates on select HDV camcorders, as follows...

Code: Select all

HVR-Z7U      $500
HVR-V1U      $300
HVR-Z5U      $200
HVR-A1U      $150
HVR-HD1000U  $150
This promotion is in effect from October 1, 2010 thru December 31, 2010, inclusive. Details of the offer, which is Promotion Number 100324A, can be found on the following Web page.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-hdvs ... epup.shtml

Hope that someone can take advantage of this.

Regards,

Frank, Independent Consultant, Somewhere in the State of New York
Read Frank's thoughts on HDV
[ also covers AVCHD (including AVCCAM & NXCAM) and XDCAM EX ].
Frank

Re: Sony U.S. HDV Rebates

Post by Frank »

Just so that everyone knows, Sony has extended this mail-in rebate offer to March 31, 2011. I had been expecting that they would do this, so I wasn't surprised to learn that they had.

Someone asked me the other day why the HVR-S270U camcorder and Sony's four decks (VCRs), the HVR-M15AU, HVR-M25AU, HVR-M35U, and HVR-1500A, aren't included in this rebate offer. The answer is that I really don't know, especially considering that those models have been part of past rebate offers, but for those who might be interested, it should be noted that B&H is offering a $500.00 Instant Savings on the HVR-S270U until February 28, 2011. This is actually better than a rebate since the $500.00 is taken right off the top at the time of order placement, without the need to mail anything in and then wait for a check to arrive via snail mail.

Regards,

Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
Read Frank's thoughts on HDV
[ also covers AVCHD (including AVCCAM & NXCAM) and XDCAM EX ].