Sony HVR-HD1000e Hd transfer wont work

HDR-HC9 (2008). HDR-HC5, HDR-HC7 (2007). HDR-HC3 (2006). HDR-HC1 / HVR-A1 (2005).
Shoulder-mount HVR-HD1000.
AntoD4D

Sony HVR-HD1000e Hd transfer wont work

Post by AntoD4D »

Hi, i have a Sony HVR-HD1000e and i use Magix, Vagas, Unlead Video. All the software works well tranferring ''dv'' format without any issues. But when i record in 1080i and set the output in the camera to it, it wont work my editing software doesnt detect the camera at all............. I am assuming the camera is ok since it will work with transferring ''dv'' footage. Im using firewire as recomended. Ive spent 3 days try all sorts of settings but no avail at all................... Anyone every come accross this, any help would be great
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: Sony HVR-HD1000e Hd transfer wont work

Post by acgold7 »

The most common treason for this is a settings mismatch. If your editor is set to look for DV and the cam is outputting HDV, the software won't see it. If you shot HDV and want to capture HDV without downconverting to DV, make sure i.Link Conv is OFF and make sure your editor is set to HDV capture and HDV device control.
Adam
AntoD4D

Post by AntoD4D »

In the camera i choose to recordhd1080i, i do make sure iLink Conv is off. In magix is lets me choose hvr-dv and even has a pic of the camera, and i can even see the footage on my computer and control the camera from magix and it also records, but when it stops its like it never recorded sometime's............ i take it, its down to an error i am making myself some how
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

DV is the wrong setting, I think.

Can you post a picture of the Cam's LCD while you are playing back, and also screen shots of your editor that shows all the settings?
Adam
AntoD4D

Post by AntoD4D »

Yes i will do that, and post up links
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

You need to turn the power switch on your cam to PLAY/EDIT mode. Your LCD will say HDV OUT rather than HDV IN.

A still photo is much better than moving video if we're to read the settings on your screens.
Adam
AntoD4D

Post by AntoD4D »

this is the cable im using ..... http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=firewire+ ... 9,r:16,s:0

It also comes with this cable but i dont have a port for it .... http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=firewire+ ... 9,r:10,s:0

I do have it set on play/edit and it never says hdv out for some reason. I am going go back at trying it again later today
AntoD4D

Post by AntoD4D »

I took photos of everything, it keeps going to hdv in for some reason. I hope its not the camera and something more to do with the cable of computer port. i took pics of all i could think of, here is a link to the pics and thanks for the help

http://public.fotki.com/D4D/pictures-of ... camcorder/
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

I'm not familiar with Magix. Can you try in Vegas or HDVSplit and show the setting boxes from the editor?

I'm almost certain it's a setting in your editor, not the cam or Windows.
Adam