Sony HVR-HD1000e Hd transfer wont work

HDR-HC9 (2008). HDR-HC5, HDR-HC7 (2007). HDR-HC3 (2006). HDR-HC1 / HVR-A1 (2005).
Shoulder-mount HVR-HD1000.
AntoD4D

Re: Sony HVR-HD1000e Hd transfer wont work

Post by AntoD4D »

Will be tomorrow before i can try, as im at home now. I was playing around more today and can get hdv out when i press play on the camcorder. When i have it in dv all is good but when in hdv the computer doesnt seem to detect the camera. I have tried vegas and hdv split and they dont recognise the camcorder when it hdv. I will take more photos tomorrow. Could it be the cable i am using. the connection to the camera is 4 pin i think and the one to the pc is 6 pin i think ( it s in the photo's link in the previous post) I also have a cable with the same end as the connection to the camcorder. Would switching from dv to hdv effect the cable. I think the camcorder is ok as it transfers hv ok. I think myself its to do with cable or firewire card possibly. The only card i could find for my computer was a fire wire 400 port as the slot is short that it go's into unlike most desktops, its was a PCI-Express FireWire 400 IEEE 1394 (2-Port) (IEFW04)
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

While it's possible, it's very unlikely to be the cable, card, PC or Windows. If that were the case then DV wouldn't transfer either.

But I've been wrong before, so it is possible.
Adam
AntoD4D

Post by AntoD4D »

A friend is bring out his laptop which has the same size port as the camera and i will try that as the camcorder came with 2 different cables. What baffles me is, it detects dv but doesnt detect hdv. Ill report back tomorrow with more pics of the other 2 programs and how i get on with a different computer
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

You should be able to attach those photos directly to your post.
Adam
AntoD4D

Post by AntoD4D »

Problem sorted............... Problem was the 4pin camera end and 6 pin computer end. I got a loan of a laptop with a firewire connection the same as the 4pin in the camera and it worked perfect. So i just need a 4pin firewire port. At least i now know the camera is good................... Thanks for the help and advice, without you noticing hdv in instead of hdv out, i would possibly be still trying to figure it out