HVR-HD1000E SONY CAMCORDER

HDR-HC9 (2008). HDR-HC5, HDR-HC7 (2007). HDR-HC3 (2006). HDR-HC1 / HVR-A1 (2005).
Shoulder-mount HVR-HD1000.
paulr

HVR-HD1000E SONY CAMCORDER

Post by paulr »

I HAVE A HVR-HD1000E SONY CAMCORDER WHICH I BROUGHT OVER 2YRS AGO AND UP TO NOW I CANNOT WORK OUT HOW TO CAPTURE VIDEO TO MY COMPUTER WHICH IS AN WIN XP PRO, GRAPHICS CARD DV/AV EXPERT V-STREAM. WHEN I CONNECT CAMCORDER TO COMPUTER USING ILINK FIRE WIRE AND SOFTWARE POWER DIRECTOR 3 PROGRAMME TO CAPTURE VIDEO, WHEN I PRESS RECORD ON CAPTURE SOFTWARE ON COMPUTER IT SHOWS A STILL CLIP AND ON MY CAMCORDER PLAYBACK VIDEO IMAGE FREEZES IT GIVES ME A ERROR MESSAGE APPNAME: POWERDIRECTOR.EXE APPVER 3.0.0.128 MODNAME PDDITLYUY2 AX MOD VER 2101715 OFFSET 0005CD7. I HAVE TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION WHICH SHUTS DOWN THE PROGRAMME AND MY CAMCORDER PLAYBACK STARTS TO WORK AGAIN. i AM SO FED UP WITH THIS, CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: HVR-HD1000E SONY CAMCORDER

Post by acgold7 »

Without knowing any real specifics, it sounds as if your PC, your OS and your editing software are all hopelessly outdated and insufficient to edit HDV, which is what you are likely shooting with your HD1000. Power Director is up to version 10 now, XP is at least three generations too old, and anything marked DV/AV is by definition not HD, so your settings are mismatched, your software cannot see your HD cam and is likely crashing.

Whenever your cam and PC cannot communicate, it is usually due to a settings mismatch. Here it is fairly clear that you must update both your PC hardware and software. And turn off your caps lock.

However, if you downconvert from HDV to DV in-cam upon capture by turning i.Link conv ON (p.62) you may have some success. As far as your software is concerned it is looking for regular DV. But then you will have defeated the purpose of buying an HDV cam and shooting HDV.
Adam
paulr

Post by paulr »

Thanks for the advice Adam, I will upgrade my PC hardware, software and OS and give it a try and let you know the result

thanks for that
Paulr
billyg

Post by billyg »

I stream with my HD1000 with the Ilink to firewire cord and I also use a free adobe program called Flash Media Encoder...Streams and records..In settings, it sees the camera just fine..hope this helps...and btw, OS is Win7