HDR-HC1 monitor

HDR-HC9 (2008). HDR-HC5, HDR-HC7 (2007). HDR-HC3 (2006). HDR-HC1 / HVR-A1 (2005).
Shoulder-mount HVR-HD1000.
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: HDR-HC1 monitor

Post by acgold7 »

Any camcorder with firewire (i.Link), yes.

Keep checking B&H's used section. They often have them for around $500.
Adam
drdoolittle

Post by drdoolittle »

Hopefully, my question falls right in with this thread. I bought Sony's CLM-55V 5" LCD monitor to use with my Nikon D7000. It works great. Then I got the brainstorm to try using it with my older HDR-HC1 Sony videocam. Unfortunately, my videocam doesn't come with an HDMI port. Thus, the monitor can't be attached to the videocam because of different connectors.

The monitor uses a short HDMI cable (Type A to C) with a mini HDMI connector to the camera which will not work with the firewire (1394) 4-pin female port (or the analog A/V port) on the videocam. Do you guys know if there is an adaptor which which allow the connection of a female 4-pin firewire port to a male mini HDMI connector?

My goal is to use this set up on an inverted stabilizer for ground-level use.
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

drdoolittle wrote:Do you guys know if there is an adaptor which which allow the connection of a female 4-pin firewire port to a male mini HDMI connector?
There's no Firewire-to-HDMI adapter to my knowledge. It's not an electrical connection issue, the data formats are altogether different.