Live Broadcast & Streaming or Wifi Help Needed plzz

A relaxed, elegant area for all friendly discussions that would be off-topic elsewhere.
KernowKards

Live Broadcast & Streaming or Wifi Help Needed plzz

Post by KernowKards »

Hi folks i hope someone can help me , im lost in the world of wifi and live feeds and after many many hours searching and reading via google im now lost total brain strain

We currently film motorsports and rugby events here in the Uk and have now been asked to add horse jumping and football to our work load , which dont get me wrong is a step in the right direction

My question is in 2 parts , A. I want to be able to send live footage straight from the camera to the tv screen in the clubhouse of the rugby and football stadiums/grounds as most of them have a large lcd tv that they use for sky or dvd's etc , what would i need equipment wise to do this and B. some of our motorsport events are out in the open in fields or woodlands , what equipment would we need to broadcast this live over the internet.

many thanks in advance for any help from a very brain strained camerman
Doughie
Global Moderator

Re: Live Broadcast & Streaming or Wifi Help Needed plzz

Post by Doughie »

I have done live-streaming of events before. Go to a site like www.Ustream.com and try that. Basically you will need a device that has Wifi so it can send the video stream to Ustream and people can watch that live on any device that can connect to internet. For example an iPad or laptop, and then the larger TV in the clubhouse etc is just connected to the laptop or iPad via a cable and the live video stream should appear.

so go google around for "live-streaming" or "ustream" and that should provide plenty of info etc to get you going.
KernowKards

Re: Live Broadcast & Streaming or Wifi Help Needed plzz

Post by KernowKards »

Excellent many thanks Dougie , took a day or 2 off to rest my brain lol , all the best and thanks for the info