Date of Creation of SonyHDVInfo

A relaxed, elegant area for all friendly discussions that would be off-topic elsewhere.
Guy Bruner

Date of Creation of SonyHDVInfo

Post by Guy Bruner »

I want to point out to the administrator/mods that the date posted on the SonyHDVInfo page as its date of creation is incorrect. It was launched in 2004, not 1994. MiniDV was not even introduced until 1998. I, along with Kerr (Avon) Cook had sister sites dedicated to specific camcorder makers at the time. I'm sorry to have to post the correction information like this, but due to restrictions on contacting others on this site, I had no other recourse.

Guy Bruner
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: Date of Creation of SonyHDVInfo

Post by Stephan »

Hello Guy,

Of course you're absolutely right, the domain was registered on 19-Aug-2004 as anybody can check. Sorry for the mistake, it's incredible how sometimes one can skip the most obvious errors right in front of our eyes! Or maybe unconsciously I really can't get used to the idea that, every now and then, I just wake up and realize that I'm 10 years older ;-)

Thanks for bringing that up, I just fixed it on the "About SonyHDVInfo" page.

Best regards,

Stephan

PS about <restrictions on contacting others>: for spam control purposes, Private Messages aren't accessible to newly, freshly registered users (this restriction is usually lifted after a few posts).
steve

Post by steve »

Actually, being pedantic, the DV standard was published in 1995 and there were Sony and JVC DV cameras on the market in 1996.
For the record, the HDV spec was published in 2003 along with the launch of the rather half-hearted JVC GR-HD1 720p camera. The first real HDV camera was FX1(E) launched between September and November 2004.

Steve
halfpipe

Post by halfpipe »

I happened to back up the site before it went down - about 2.5gb