"Glad You Are Back!!"

A relaxed, elegant area for all friendly discussions that would be off-topic elsewhere.
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: "Glad You Are Back!!"

Post by Stephan »

Sorry for leaving a glitch in the colors, you still may encounter a couple of those that I haven't yet eradicated. Thanks for your patience!
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

Hi Frank - yes i moved here - i have lots of friends here, and its quite a nice life. We'll see how it goes, the economy messed things up a little bit for everyone but thats the same more or less everywhere these days i suppose (Canada economy seems to be in a good position though - they made some intelligent choices on key things. Whether that was by luck or judgment, i'm not sure.

Anyway, I guess we should post some real content sometime soon! I'll think of something..
Frank

Post by Frank »

Doughie wrote:Anyway, I guess we should post some real content sometime soon! I'll think of something..
Well, and I don't mean to pick on you about it, but I'm fairly certain that many people would enjoy reading about your experiences with your Sony VRD-MC10 Multi-Function DVD Recorder.

Best of luck in your new location!

Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
Read Frank's thoughts on HDV at http://www.humanvalues.net/hdv/
[ also covers AVCHD (including AVCCAM and NXCAM) and XDCAM EX ]
halfpipe

Post by halfpipe »

Right-On!!!
The world is suddenly a better place
Arkady Bolotin

Post by Arkady Bolotin »

Hi people, greetings to everyone!

And what a coincidence! I just decide to check the old good place and voila, down here it is actually the first day on line! Lucky me! I am glad to be with all of you again.
rickmotionpic

Post by rickmotionpic »

Hi Doughie and Kerr great to see you back and up to date!
Current kit AX2000, HDRXR550, cx520 and HX5 and interested in the upcoming HXRMC50' hope I can help when time allows
cheers
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

halfpipe, Arkady, & rickmotionpic !

Welcome back to all of you !!
Great to have those familiar names back on-board. I hope you can all find a bit of time ot contribute as you all have done in the past.

Rick - i see you have changed your kit quite a bit. Last time we spoke i thnink you had still a Z1, a Z5, a V1 and i'm not sure what else. I have an XR520 right now and am considering getting a CX550 to do 2-camera shoots with. I have been doing some 2-cam shoots with a Canon HFS10 and i was really surprised how different the image was. Had to spend time in Vegas doing color-correction to match it to my XR520. Plus the XR520 is *substantially* better in lowlight. Impressive.

So... CX550 is a possible target. Should color match fine and be at least as good in lowlight as the XR520 (which i am retaining).

The MC50 - well i've been checking it out and to me it seems to be a CX550 with a lens hood, a mic bolted on top, and a few tweaks to the firmware. But i admit i have really only given it a cursory glance at this time. Absoluitely it'd be great to hear your feedback on all your current cams and the Mc50 if/when you get it.
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

Frank wrote:
Doughie wrote:Anyway, I guess we should post some real content sometime soon! I'll think of something..
Well, and I don't mean to pick on you about it, but I'm fairly certain that many people would enjoy reading about your experiences with your Sony VRD-MC10 Multi-Function DVD Recorder
Ah yes ! ok i have been given an official New York reminder on that one... it's sitting on the table only 10feet away right now. OK i need to get through this week and deal with a few things and then i will see if i can do some sort of basic User Review this weekend....

I hope things in Manhattan are going well for you Frank.

Best
D.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Doughie wrote:ok i have been given an official New York reminder on that one...
It's a tough town!
Doughie wrote:OK i need to get through this week and deal with a few things and then i will see if i can do some sort of basic User Review this weekend....
Excellent!
Doughie wrote:I hope things in Manhattan are going well for you Frank.
Well, since, you asked, terrible, actually, but it's all outside of my control. (And please don't ask for details because if I gave a full and complete reply anyone who read it would never visit this board again and we certainly don't want that to happen. The only good news is that I may know in a week or so just what the situation is. OTOH, if you never see me here again after about a week or so, then you'll know that things went from bad to worse.)

Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
Read Frank's thoughts on HDV at http://www.humanvalues.net/hdv/
[ also covers AVCHD (including AVCCAM and NXCAM) and XDCAM EX ]
rickmotionpic

Post by rickmotionpic »

HI doughie
when time allows will be glad to post a few longer posts,at the moment on the the road and all my posts up to now via my iPhone, I guess it's early days -but any chance of a more friendly Iphone app.?

As for your xr520 you might find the auto White balance more on the cool side on the 550, probably more accurate as the Xr520 (at least mine ) had a slight 'creamy' colour cast?

Best Regards