Used DVX100b

HDC-TM900, HDC-HS900, HDC-SD900, HDC-SD800 (2011). HMC150, HS250, HS300, HS60K, HS700K, SD60, TM700.
charley

Used DVX100b

Post by charley »

Thanks adam. It really is because of the hollow, keyboard-like plastic body. I will try "insulating" the mic from the holder, that's a good idea. I also noticed that the annoying sound lessened a bit. Maybe it's the oil from my hands and what not gives less friction that might be causing it.

OFF-TOPIC:

I am about to buy a used DVX100b tomorrow (900$). The seller from Craigslist will bring it near my place to finish the transaction. The ad says :

I'm selling a GREAT Panasonic Production bundle. Everything listed below is in MARVELOUS condition or lightly used. Some things are even brand new/never used! This is a great set to have whether you're brand new to film making or even if you've been making productions for years. You won't find a better price on all this equipment that's also with a camera that has such low hours! I've used this equipment for 3 productions and it's delivered phenomenal results! I'm just ready to upgrade my equipment and sadly I have to sell this to help fund the new equipment. Everything has been extremely well taken care of and is in perfect working condition. This set will sell fast! I was originally asking $1300 for everything but I'm looking to sell this FAST so I am dropping the price to ONLY $900 for EVERYTHING!

-Panasonic DVX-100B-only 184hrs of use!(for this camera, that is very low hours), shoots 30P, 24P, and 24Pa(great color while still having the grainy cinema look). NO SCRATCHES
-Panasonic Battery Charger
-2 Panasonic Batteries(1 high power 7.4V 5400mAh, 1 7.2V stock battery), also includes a plug and go battery that you plug in to the charger and in to the camera so that you can shoot without using a battery
-4 Filters WITH Carry case(UV-which has been on the camera since the day I bought it), BRAND NEW FLD FIlter(great for shooting in spaces that utilize a lot of fluorescent lighting), BRAND NEW 2 CPL(polarizer filter, great for shooting thru glass when you don't want any glare and your focus is on what's THRU the glass be it a person or some type of action)
-Velbon Heavy Duty DV-7000 Tripod(lightly used)
-Tamrac CyberPack 6 with adjustable Velcro inserts. This bag is AMAZING! It has the adjustable inserts in the main compartment of the bag and then has many other smaller zip-up compartments for storing markers, screen and lens cleaning gear, sound cables, tapes, etc. Carry all your production needs in here!!

What are the things to look out for when buying used cameras, particularly DVX 100b?
Last edited by Stephan on 21 Jun 2012 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split from MC2000U topic (off topic)
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: Used DVX100b

Post by acgold7 »

You DO know this cam isn't HD, right?
Adam
charley

Post by charley »

Sorry. Thanks anyway.
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

No, I think maybe you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying we didn't want to talk about it; we are happy to talk about anything you want to, even a brownie box camera shooting black & white film. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting. The DVX was a fine cam in its day and that price is a good one if the cam is in good shape; B&H has a couple of used ones now for about $1300 or so. But in my mind buying SD DV these days is like buying VHS -- everything going forward is or should be HD and I worry that by buying SD you will be unnecessarily boxing yourself into a corner.

I would, however, say to avoid Craigslist at all costs.
Adam