CMR Blackbird stabiliser (with D90 & T2i/550D & other cams)

Canon T3i / 600D, 60D, T2i / 550D, 1D Mark IV, 7D, 5D Mark II.
Panasonic DMC-GH2.
Nikon D7000, D5100, D5000, D90.
Doughie
Global Moderator

Re: CMR Blackbird stabiliser (with D90 & T2i/550D & other ca

Post by Doughie »

noa wrote:I was on a short (an well deserved :)) holiday in Germany last week and decided to take the blackbird with me just for fun. (My wife didn't find it funny at all but that's the price she have to pay for being married to a videographer :D)

Here's a short vid I did just after about 2 hours of testing:

http://vimeo.com/16325159

If I can get this kind of result just after that few hours of trying I am sure it will be a very valuable tool, together with my 550d and canon 10-22 lens it was surprisingly light. I"m happy. :)
That's pretty good work noa! I'm sure your wife knows she needs to let you have your fun with your new stabilizer.
check out wagsy's footage (link in my previous post from today) for his real-estate Blackbird work. very smooth stuff, great job from him on that. It helps for sure to have a beautiful house to film with lots of space.
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

Doughie wrote:Actually since i just saw your post, i just uploaded the A-cam demo reel from that same shoot and here it is ... :

http://www.vimeo.com/16571498
Okay, now I get the point and purpose of the whole setup (I can be a slow thinker sometimes). The house looks gorgeous, well done! I want to stay there, like, right now. For a month. Or two. I'm off to the airport as we speak!

It's fascinating to see both videos. Both taken in the same place, with a very different perspective though. Thanks for sharing.

Side note - I was walking in the streets a few months ago, as I noticed a few people whose business was to perform airborne shots (with a balloon). This seemed to be for still photography, but anyway maybe something to think about, for things you may encounter like amazing rooftop jacuzzis...

P.S: I know I couldn't afford staying there. Let me dream for a while ;-)
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

Stephan wrote:
Doughie wrote:Actually since i just saw your post, i just uploaded the A-cam demo reel from that same shoot and here it is ... :

http://www.vimeo.com/16571498
P.S: I know I couldn't afford staying there. Let me dream for a while ;-)
Yes the price for the whole house is a (sharp-intake-of-breath) : US$2500 per night. Very pricey indeed. I would think they'd take an 'offer', but thats the headline rate. new bedroom being built on the rooftop, i am photo'ing that in next 7 days.

Demo reel was done as a sampler for house owners, they are considering whether to use us to get a longer video made (with more house, less model).