Canon to Panasonic change

Canon T3i / 600D, 60D, T2i / 550D, 1D Mark IV, 7D, 5D Mark II.
Panasonic DMC-GH2.
Nikon D7000, D5100, D5000, D90.
chrishull3

Canon to Panasonic change

Post by chrishull3 »

Hard to believe but as my 550D had another small problem Amazon have given me a refund which i did not ask for or expect so basicaly its 6 months free videoing, i have decided not to get another 550 despite i could get one for lower than my refund but a Panasonic GH2 instead, i dont want to sell my lenses and dont worry about auto focus, i am not sure what reasonably priced canon to panasonic lens adaptors there are, any info would be helpfull.Chris
northheart

Re: Canon to Panasonic change

Post by northheart »

There are plenty of reasonable adapters out there on Ebay for £25 approx.
Note that the adapters result in Canon lenses effectively doubling the focal length on the GH1. I'm not 100% sure the same applies to the GH2, but I think so. Bit of a nuisance that.
chrishull3

Post by chrishull3 »

But none of those cheap adaptors give any kind of control with EF lenses,there is reports of one in the near future that will cost around £600 uk sterling which would be of use with a large lens collection but my total EF lenses are worth less than that second hand.
drv

Post by drv »

chrishull3 wrote:Hard to believe but as my 550D had another small problem Amazon have given me a refund which i did not ask for or expect so basicaly its 6 months free videoing, i have decided not to get another 550 despite i could get one for lower than my refund but a Panasonic GH2 instead, i dont want to sell my lenses and dont worry about auto focus, i am not sure what reasonably priced canon to panasonic lens adaptors there are, any info would be helpfull.Chris
Chris,

I'm also looking at a GH2 for video. Have you purchased it and tried it out? I'd be most grateful to hear your opinions of it.

Dennis
chrishull3

Post by chrishull3 »

http://vimeo.com/user467671/videos The last one is just a few clips i put up to show my FZ150 which i have now and use for wildlife as i find it better for that ie good af and lens.And i have not been on site for a while i broke my ankle last september,its still sore now.Most of the others are GH2 which i fing good and even better now i have the 1.1 update which gives us pal users 25P albeit in a wrapper.