Outstanding video filmed on a Canon 7D

Canon T3i / 600D, 60D, T2i / 550D, 1D Mark IV, 7D, 5D Mark II.
Panasonic DMC-GH2.
Nikon D7000, D5100, D5000, D90.
Doughie
Global Moderator

Outstanding video filmed on a Canon 7D

Post by Doughie »

Filmed on a Canon 7D in California, take a look at this video which is superbly edited and crafted, and i think really embodies the spirit of the subject matter, as well as being a good demonstration of the versatility of these new cams particularly in using them in unusual and difficult situations :

"Longboarding : Let Go" : (select 720p & watch full-screen for best viewing experience)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkviQ41u0eQ

Definitely one of my favorite videos i've seen recently.
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: Outstanding video filmed on a Canon 7D

Post by Stephan »

Had overlooked this... Nice! There's a 'photographic touch' in the colors / tones, very much like a Ken Burns animation... until the skater comes into the frame and you realize it's not just Ken Burns ;-)

Shooting with a DSLR at knee level from a motorcycle, that must have been an unusual situation indeed.
Doughie
Global Moderator

Re: Outstanding video filmed on a Canon 7D

Post by Doughie »

Stephan wrote: Shooting with a DSLR at knee level from a motorcycle, that must have been an unusual situation indeed.
Yes i think actually the filmed Adam Colton is an expert longboarder himself and i think was either on a longboard like the rider or on rollerblades or something. not a motorbike for sure. He used something very similar to a Manfrotto Fig Rig. (but not ACTUALLY a Fig Rig - in another of his videos i saw his shadow of the rig he was using to get the low-angles.)

I'm finding the Ken Burns effect is really quite common these days! everybody uses that effect it seems.