HDR-FX7 Shooting Snowboarding

HDR-FX1000 / HVR-Z5 (2008). HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (2007). HDR-FX7 / HVR-V1 (2006). HDR-FX1 / HVR-Z1 (2004).
lovehateDCskate

HDR-FX7 Shooting Snowboarding

Post by lovehateDCskate »

Hello, I am very new at shooting and am borrowing my friends HDR-FX7. I know the basics as far are setting and editing. I'm going to be shooting a snowboard competition on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some settings for maximum quality. It will be a slighty overcast day with some sun poking out.
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: HDR-FX7 Shooting Snowboarding

Post by acgold7 »

Turn Backlight ON. Overcast is good.
Adam
halfpipe

Re: HDR-FX7 Shooting Snowboarding

Post by halfpipe »

I shot some skiing last winter with an FX7 and left it on auto with the AE shift bumped to +4-or +5 or +6 Use the zebras to test on face skin
I used a tripod because the video from hand held more or less sucks imo but if you are going to hand hold then zoom all the way back and get as close as they will let you
It was so cold- I used the legs of the tripod like a TeePee, wrapping a blanket around the sticks and using a propane catalytic heater to keep the camera from freezing.
Don't come inside with the camera until the competition is over due to fogging uo the optics like eye glasses.
Make sure the sun is behind you