SONY NEX-VG20EH 18-200mm

Sony NEX-VG20, NEX-FS100 NXCAM 35mm (2011). NEX-VG10 (2010).
Panasonic AG-AF100/101 (2010).
Doughie
Global Moderator

Re: SONY NEX-VG20EH 18-200mm

Post by Doughie »

Excellent.

-- Premiere 5.5 is one of the absolute best and most complete video editing packages available. Quite a few people i know have actually switched from Final Cut Studio to Premiere (principally because of the new direction Apple went with FInal Cut in its 'Final Cut Studio X' release, which drew somewhat mixed reactions).

Again, try using Color Curves to 'lift' the footage a bit. You can always use a mild 'S' curve in the color curves too, which is a standard method of giving footage a bit more punch and contrast. Be conservative though, keep adjustments fairly small.
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

Happy New Year Doughie!!
Ok done some more filming still not happy with the results but I think its getting better.
Gain: 24 db lower and the fireworks become dim, still got the black sky at 24
Aperture : f7.1
WB: Outdoor
Focus: 35 metres
AE Shift : Auto
Shutter: 1/50
See what you think

Same as above BUT the for the following changes
AE Shift is set to -4
First half is f8
second half is f7

Do you know the video effect premier calls is to change the colours
Any help would be superb, thank you.

Doughie wrote:Excellent.

-- Premiere 5.5 is one of the absolute best and most complete video editing packages available. Quite a few people i know have actually switched from Final Cut Studio to Premiere (principally because of the new direction Apple went with FInal Cut in its 'Final Cut Studio X' release, which drew somewhat mixed reactions).

Again, try using Color Curves to 'lift' the footage a bit. You can always use a mild 'S' curve in the color curves too, which is a standard method of giving footage a bit more punch and contrast. Be conservative though, keep adjustments fairly small.
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

Hey, Happy New Year to you too!

Fairly nice shots, I'd say! :-)
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

dantheman wrote:Happy New Year Doughie!!
Do you know the video effect premier calls is to change the colours
Any help would be superb, thank you.
Not quite sure what you mean Dan. To change colors? You mean to increase SAturation? that should be easy enough to find. To change colors, you can mess around with Hue, and Color Curves and color correction and a whole load of tools. I dont personally use Premiere, but i can't imagine it would be too difficult digging around. Try the Help screen or i have to say simply youtubing for something like "Premiere color correction" or "Premiere Pro improve color" or something like that. There's so many youtube videos that are you there and almost certainly someone has posted a 'How To' video for what you want. Try it ! you will be surprised and watching a 2 to 4min video is often the quickest easiest way to see 'How to' do what you want.
I have done exactly that in my Photoshop CS5 learning curve. Both Premiere and Photoshop are big products, takes a long time to learn all the in-depth features and functions.
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

In the Effects panel, under Video Effects look for Adjust or Color Correction. Tools live in both places. Many people like the Three-Way Color Corrector.
Adam