Mountain bike stunt-riding video

Want to share a great video? Your own work of art or someone else's? This is the place. Get ready for constructive feedback (mostly ;-) or maybe tar & feathers!
chrishull3

Wish this was my film

Post by chrishull3 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... j6ho1-G6tw i just wish it was mine, it does look pro though.
Doughie
Global Moderator

Mountain bike stunt-riding video

Post by Doughie »

Impressively riden, and well shot and edited, check it out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6ho1-G6tw

Extensive use of camera slider in a lot of shots here.
I'd quite like to see the 'deleted scenes' of jumps etc which didnt quite work out as planned...

ps. 4.7million views in 6weeks?!!? That must be a *very* well promoted rider, as i think evidenced by his red-bull sponsorship, and the fact that the video is on RedBull's youtube channel. I must say Red Bull has a strong marketing and 'positioning' team. I would like to know what they spend on global brand-marketing & positioning each year. Astronomical budget i would think, even ignoring the $ that is spent on their F1 team (itself must be US$300-500million each year).
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: Mountain bike stunt-riding video

Post by Stephan »

Merged the 2 threads, which somehow pointed to the same video. You guys must be reading or viewing from the same sources!
chrishull3

Post by chrishull3 »

What happened ? never mind at least its there to be watched.
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

It's incredible what he does with his bike. And the countryside is beautiful, I should really visit Scotland someday.
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

chrishull3 wrote:What happened ? never mind at least its there to be watched.
Sorry chris think this was my fault! i was doing about 7 things at once i think watched the video, did something else, went back to it, forgot that it was you who posted the link up already, and posted up a new thread. apologies!

but yeah amazing riding, especially considering he was recovering from broken collar-bones at the time he did the riding.
chrishull3

Post by chrishull3 »

Stephan wrote:It's incredible what he does with his bike. And the countryside is beautiful, I should really visit Scotland someday.
yes i agree Stephen i live in somerset now and dorset most of my too long life, i have been to australia but not scotland, do you live in the uk.No worries Doughie i gree great to watch,Happy new year to all.
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

chrishull3 wrote:i have been to australia but not scotland, do you live in the uk
No, in France. But I like to travel - isn't that why camcorders were invented in the first place? ;-)
chrishull3

Post by chrishull3 »

Possibly soccer moms may dissagree though,i dont get the chance to travel far these days sadly.
DouglasAraujo

Post by DouglasAraujo »

Heeey, nice slider! I love this!
This guy do awesome things with his bike.

So, what camera? Editing soft?