Sony UWP-V1 Lav Mic

Recording audio content: microphones, on-camera audio vs. stand-alone recorders, recommendations on techniques and audio-recording hardware.
dlowery

Sony UWP-V1 Lav Mic

Post by dlowery »

Okay, I started a new topic on this because it's more about the mic system, but if admin see fit to put it under the topic of Sony HVR-V1U lav mic it would be okay there too.

I decided to go ahead and purchase the Sony UWP-V1 Lav Mic system. I purchased 2 sets and they came in yesterday. I was able to take them to a wedding rehearsal last night for a wedding I am doing today.
I can't tell you all how glad I am that I took advice from some on this forum and didn't "skimp" on this.

This system is impressive to say the least. Not only can I use the XLR for the Sony HRV-V1U, but I can also use the mini jack for the Sony HVR-HD1000U. Now I can use this system with both of my cameras which is an added bonus for mixing and matching footage with seamless audio switching as well. Know a lot of people have it in for Sony, but I decided to outfit completely with Sony (in the video department) and am I ever pleased I did.

For such a small mic package, the UWP-V1 really captures clear audio, even when the individual (Groom) has his back turned and is not facing the camera. I tested it up to I would say a good 200' away (I was at the back of the Church and they were at the front) and there was not the least bit of static or pop.
Today is the big test of this system, but what I saw last night blew my mind. I will post a link to the video when I have it all put together.

I strongly recommend the Sony UWP-V1 Lav mic system to anyone looking for a lav system.
Doughie
Global Moderator

Re: Sony UWP-V1 Lav Mic

Post by Doughie »

Glad you had a good experience!!
The Sony equipment is very nice indeed and i don't think i've ever read anyone having a bad experience using that equipment. Keep us informed how it's going.
dlowery

Re: Sony UWP-V1 Lav Mic

Post by dlowery »

I haven't seen bad reports here, but there are some people on the internet and a few youtube vids that are bad. Personally I have had nothing but good come of Sony, so that's why I decided to go with them for everything. I will be working on wedding footage today and tomorrow and I will post links (if it comes out good).

I will say this, what I have done with both Sony cams and hooked up to my Samsung "BIG" screen has been insane to say the least. I have heard that Samsung TV is the best for watching HD. With the HD Dish and now the HD video I am producing, I would have to agree.

"D"