New Stock Motion Graphics & Video Website - FREE HD CONTENT

Edit your videos. Upload them to the web. Burn blu-rays and DVDs. Colors look odd maybe? Fix'em in post, then!
Videvo

New Stock Motion Graphics & Video Website - FREE HD CONTENT

Post by Videvo »

Hey guys, I'm here today to show you a site that I've been working on for quite a while now; our aim is to eventually be the number 1 provider of FREE stock video & motion graphics. We have a lot of very strong, unique and HD content up at the moment and will be adding new content every week!

Check us out: http://www.videvo.net

Let me know what you think, any suggestions or constructive criticism will be gladly accepted.

Cheers,

Videvo
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: New Stock Motion Graphics & Video Website - FREE HD CONT

Post by Stephan »

Hi Tom!

Ordinarily not so keen to allow linking on this site, but it's unusual to see some website endeavour from friendly UK! I wish you well.

Do you come up with the video loops by yourself, or will you let people upload them, YouTube-like? It's so hard to be properly careful of digital rights ownership and not stepping on somebody else's toes...

Also, the videos seems to be 29.97fps, don't forget PAL land too.

Cheers
Videvo

Post by Videvo »

Hey Stephan, thanks for the good wishes!

Some of the loops we create ourselves, others are bought/submitted from people we know and trust. We are definitely going to allow user uploading in the future, but as you mentioned - it's going to be a mission to ensure that all content uploaded is fully owned by the uploadee. We have some plans on how we are going to deal with this problem though, so expect to see user accounts, an upload feature and much more in the not too distant future!

It's difficult to supply formats in both PAL and NTSC but we are currently working on a system where we can provide both formats for all of our clips. Should be really cool!
Videvo

Post by Videvo »

Hi guys! (Please don't ban me for grave digging, I am aware this is an old topic but there is no need for a new one )

I just thought i'd get back with an update on how Videvo is doing. It's been a while, as you can see form the date of the first post in this thread. But we've now got user accounts, and user uploads working! We're ecstatic about this, and it's been truly amazing to see the kind of footage our users are capable of.

Our library is ever growing, with new content being added daily where possible, and weekly if not. I'd really love some feedback if anyone feels up to it. What do you think of the site, and what would you change/add if you could?

All the best,
Stephan
Site Admin

Post by Stephan »

Advanced search perhaps? But then you've got to have reliable/useful clip metadata & tags.

Cheers