Please help

Edit your videos. Upload them to the web. Burn blu-rays and DVDs. Colors look odd maybe? Fix'em in post, then!
polopro

Please help

Post by polopro »

Hi there can anyone help me i have sony Vegas pro 11 and i am despertly trying to get the footage off vegas and onto hdv tape on a sony V1 DVCAM camera .I have tryed everything ,by luck i managed to get it to work once but since then never again .Im sure its because the formats are wrong please can anyone help me with the formats many thanks
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: Please help

Post by acgold7 »

DVCAM is not HD, so you can't put HDV on to it. If you render your project as SD DV, make sure your settings all match and you should be able to export it to tape using Vegas' settings. But we can't know what settings you have wrong until we know what your settings are.

If you mean you have an HVR-V1U or E, take it out of DVCAM mode and put it in HD1080i mode (p. 82). Then you can export to tape in HDV.
Adam
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: Please help

Post by Stephan »

@polopro : you may also want to share why you want to export onto tape. I didn't think anyone was still doing this these days (so many drawbacks and complications), there might be an easier / more reliable way to achieve what you want to do.