Using menus in Pinnacle 14 Ultimate

Edit your videos. Upload them to the web. Burn blu-rays and DVDs. Colors look odd maybe? Fix'em in post, then!
ozjohn

Using menus in Pinnacle 14 Ultimate

Post by ozjohn »

I want to have a main menu screen which gives alternatives of PLAY MOVIE ( to play the entire movie) and SCENE SELECTION (to take users to a second menu page where the chapter headings are available for selection.)
Could someone more expert at using Pinnacle 14 Ultimate than I please let me know how to do this, or tell me where it is described in the Manual? I haven't been able to find it.
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: Using menus in Pinnacle 14 Ultimate

Post by acgold7 »

Not a Pinnacle user so I'm useless to you, but this ought to be easy. Every other program I know of can do it.

Wish I could help. Do you have a link to the manual online? Maybe I can take a look at it....
Adam
ozjohn

Post by ozjohn »

acgold7 wrote:Not a Pinnacle user so I'm useless to you, but this ought to be easy. Every other program I know of can do it.

Wish I could help. Do you have a link to the manual online? Maybe I can take a look at it....
Thank you for that. The manual I have came as a pdf document with the program. I'll have a look and see if I can find a link to it at Pinnacle.
John
ozjohn

Post by ozjohn »

acgold7 wrote:Not a Pinnacle user so I'm useless to you, but this ought to be easy. Every other program I know of can do it.

Thanks for that. The link to the manual is: cdnexpress.pinnaclesys.com/.../Studio14.../manuals/Studio14
The manual I have been reading came as a .pdf document with the software.
John
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

Actually, your link got truncated and isn't an actual link. I found it, though, at :

ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.de/Manual/Studio_14/Studio_us.pdf

Going through the chapter on disc creation, it uses an interesting paradigm to do this. It seems possible, if a little involved. It appears to use a different video track as a sort of "menu track" if I'm understanding it correctly (I'm probably not). It looks like you mark your chapter points and create one menu with links to each chapter, and then create another menu with links to chapter one and to the other menu, and then find a way to put this top-level menu before the other one on the menu track. Or something like that.

I use Encore, which just sort of makes you do a kind of flowchart. It might not be any easier but it's what I'm used to.
Adam