HDR-FX1 film

HDR-FX1000 / HVR-Z5 (2008). HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (2007). HDR-FX7 / HVR-V1 (2006). HDR-FX1 / HVR-Z1 (2004).
Raven Skylar

HDR-FX1 film

Post by Raven Skylar »

ok I'm really new here to the video world so go easy on me k
I've got a good looking video camera on loan from a lady at my church to film video announcements. It reads HDR-FX1 on the side and I was wondering if I have to buy special HD film for it to record in HD?
I'm ok with buying the special film but I just don't know where to find it or what it's called. I would ask her... but she is currently out of the country for a few months.
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: HDR-FX1 film

Post by Stephan »

People have ordinarily been satisfied with Sony Premium Mini DV tapes, which are quite fine to record HD. They are very common, and you will find them in just any store that sells camcorders.

You might also want to buy the more expensive Sony DVM-63HD HDV tapes, but I personally never did and I've been quite happy with the cheaper Premiums.

Make sure to set the camcorder (in the menu) to record HDV, since it's dual-mode and could also record standard definition DV if you don't pay proper attention.

From there, you're on to read the manual 2 or 3 times to get acquainted with your cam... Good luck!