Does Sony AX2000 make bad AVCHD files?

HDR-AX2000 / HXR-NX5 (2010).
FoxAdriano

Does Sony AX2000 make bad AVCHD files?

Post by FoxAdriano »

Hi, I have a Sony AX2000 and when I have to make video editing I get problems with its files. I have a core I7 x980 and a good video card. My Edius has difficulty to edit those files, above all if on timeline there is a long project (one hour). My friend has another PC with good a processor and also he have told me when he has to make video editing with Sony AX 2000 files he is going mad. He has told me he makes many video editing with AVCHD files made with other cameras withouth problem but Sony AX2000 only gets him problems. Some suggestions, please? Thanks
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: Does Sony AX2000 make bad AVCHD files?

Post by Stephan »

If you're using EDIUS, you need to convert all input video files to the Canopus HQ codec (I believe there's a bundled utility for that). Do not edit native AVCHD, use Canopus HQ for best performance regardless of which camcorder you're using.
FoxAdriano

Post by FoxAdriano »

Ok, I knew it but I like to know because with Sony AX2000 AVCHD files?
Thanks
sashamed

Post by sashamed »

Yes, AVCHD files are very dificult for editing. But, you have 2 solutions: 1. convert all files to canopus hq codec before editing 2. cpu e7 2600k ( or xeon E5 26xx) + edius 6 = 4 tracks in multicam in realtime.
FoxAdriano

Post by FoxAdriano »

I'm sorry but I don't reconcile your different points of view. I and my friend have problems with AVCHDs of Sony AX2000 only. Surely we can convert them to canopus hq codec before editing. Thanks
Doughie
Global Moderator

Post by Doughie »

or the .MTS files (the AVCHD ones) can be rendered to MPEG first, or better, rendered to Cineform AVI files (all these rendering out video will produce much larger files BUT the pay-off is that they are far less compressed and the editing computer's CPU will have a much much easier time of it in the edit and this means the person editing may not be so tempted to tear his/her hair out editing a big project using native AVCHD .MTS files....
FoxAdriano

Post by FoxAdriano »

Doughie wrote:or the .MTS files (the AVCHD ones) can be rendered to MPEG first, or better, rendered to Cineform AVI files
I'm sorry for my bad english but I don't understad your writings. What do you mean with "rendered" precisely? Do I have to export the AVCHD files from timeline as MPEG files? Thanks