Video quality on TV from the FX7

HDR-FX1000 / HVR-Z5 (2008). HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (2007). HDR-FX7 / HVR-V1 (2006). HDR-FX1 / HVR-Z1 (2004).
hdmickey

Video quality on TV from the FX7

Post by hdmickey »

Hi, I was noticing that standard dvd video played on an old CRT TV looks fine, but with HDTV's it looks bad at different levels depending on each one. I've tried to use as less gain as possible, use enough light, and convert as best as possible with a constant bit rate but the video wont loose those annoying edge artifacts. What I'm wondering is if there's a color correction technique or filter exclusive for HD TV view that can have the video look more clean, I've down converted Ipad video into standard DVD and it looks quite good, down converting HD video from the FX7 with the same settings gives me a video that has these glass like lines moving around making it unusable for standard burning, I'm confused. I know I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what I'm missing.
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: Video quality on TV from the FX7

Post by acgold7 »

I think we probably need to know more about your shooting settings as well as project settings in your editor and export settings as well. No way we can tell you what to change until we know what you are doing.

But the short answer is no, there's nothing in the cam that should account for this unless you are shooting in DV mode.
Adam
Doughie
Global Moderator

Re: Video quality on TV from the FX7

Post by Doughie »

Yes I'd agree with Adam in that you MIGHT be simply shooting in a standard-resolution mode instead of in a hi-def mode. That might explain it.