Greetings from Arizona

A relaxed, elegant area for all friendly discussions that would be off-topic elsewhere.
dlowery

Greetings from Arizona

Post by dlowery »

Hi everyone,

I guess it would only be proper to introduce myself now that I have had an entire discussion on the Sony HVR-A1U XLR audio probems.

My name is Donald (I rather Don) and I live in Southeast Arizona. I have always kid of liked photography but have really taken the big step in the last Two years.
I started working in Production at a local TV station kind of behind the scens and then became interested in shooting video.
I picked up a Sony Handy Cam for about $800. and just started filming everything. Not long after that a friend was shooting HD with a JVC and that sparked my interest in HD. I have always been into voice over work and was a station jocky many years ago, so I started doing Voice work with my friend. Picked up a MacBook Pro and put Pro Tools on it and started voicing his videos.
About a Year ago I picked up the Sony HVR HD1000U and started into HD video myself. I started checking out Vimeo and Youtube and messing around (still havn't figured out that gig totally yet), and doing my own DVD's. Here we a year later and I am now picking up my second HD Camera (see the HVR-A1U XLR Audio Thread) viewtopic.php?f=7&t=140 and I have also picked up that awesome iMac 27" which I am using only for Video and Photo Production. I also shoot still photos with the Canon Rebel XSi which is an awesome camera.

I like what I see in the forum and think I will enjoy spending time here. I also think I am going to persue streaming videos (YouTube and Vimeo) a little more too.

See you all around.
Don
Stephan
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Arizona

Post by Stephan »

Welcome again! Nice to have you onboard.