HDR-FX1 recordings is turning green from low to high light

HDR-FX1000 / HVR-Z5 (2008). HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (2007). HDR-FX7 / HVR-V1 (2006). HDR-FX1 / HVR-Z1 (2004).
jvmarz2000

HDR-FX1 recordings is turning green from low to high light

Post by jvmarz2000 »

I have a FX1 . When the lighting changes it tries to auto correct white ballance for exposuer but turns green. I have to adjust the shutter speed manually , but still , it should not turn green. The more I speed up shutter speed the more green it gets. Do I have a bad CCD chip?
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: HDR-FX1 recordings is turning green from low to high lig

Post by acgold7 »

Sounds like it.

But it shouldn't be trying to adjust WB when the exposure changes. What happens when you lock the WB?
Adam
jvmarz2000

Post by jvmarz2000 »

I had my camera checked out this past week. The tech told me it was not my CCD chip but the main PC board. Don't know why , but he swap out some parts to test the CCD chip. When he switched the board it fix the problem. He could not sell me the part becuase it belonged to another camera he was working on.
Bad news a new board would cast $1,300. Can anyone help with a used part ?
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

Does the deck section work ok? Best to keep this cam as a playback deck and use the funds you save by not repairing it to upgrade to an FX1000.

Or you could probably pick up a used FX1 on eBay for not much more than the price of the board.
Adam