Capturing from Sony FX7 or Sony HC-9

HDR-FX1000 / HVR-Z5 (2008). HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (2007). HDR-FX7 / HVR-V1 (2006). HDR-FX1 / HVR-Z1 (2004).
22Video

Capturing from Sony FX7 or Sony HC-9

Post by 22Video »

I am having a great deal of difficulty trying to captue hdv using Premiere Pro CS4 and HDV Split with the above two cameras. Neither programme will recognise the cameras, has anyone any suggestions as to how I can get this working please.

All help very welcome

Derek M
Darlington
UK
acgold7
Global Moderator

Re: Capturing from Sony FX7 or Sony HC-9

Post by acgold7 »

The most common reason for this not to work is a settings mismatch somewhere. If you shot in HDV, make sure, on your cam, VCR HDV/DV is set to HDV and i.Link CONV is off. On CS4, make sure you have set up an HDV project and your capture and device control settings in the capture window are also HDV. If it's happening with two different cams then it's not likely a blown FW port on the cams, but it could be a bad FW cable or a blown port on your PC if the cams are not seen by two different programs and you're sure all the settings are correct.
Adam
22Video

Post by 22Video »

Using an apple mac imac 27" with a firewire 800 port and fast hard drives, which works perfectly with Final Cut Pro, but the Premiere Pro CS4 (apple or windows) and HDV split (on Windows) just will not play at all.

All settings are fine have checked and re-checked,ilink conv off it is the cameras it will not recognise, any further thoughts please

Many thanks

Derek M
acgold7
Global Moderator

Post by acgold7 »

If everything works perfectly in FCP but not in Premiere or HDV Split, then I am out of ideas. Can you post a screen shot of your Project, Capture and Device control settings?
Adam