Pinnacle 14 Ultimate

Edit your videos. Upload them to the web. Burn blu-rays and DVDs. Colors look odd maybe? Fix'em in post, then!
buttylovessteam

Pinnacle 14 Ultimate

Post by buttylovessteam »

Camera Sony HDR-HC7. Computer AMD Phenon 11 x4 955 3.2 GB, Memory DDR 3 8GB, Windows 7 64 bit, ATI Radeon HD 4800 series graphics card, LG GGW-H20L Blu -ray burner. The finished Blu-rays I have using BD-RE & BD-R 25GB Discs. The problem is at certain places on the disc the picture turns to small squares? Has anybody else had this problem? I use HD Mini DV tapes. Any help would be great.

Thanks
P. Butler
YORK UK
tedster

Re: Pinnacle 14 Ultimate

Post by tedster »

Hi there mate, from across the pond in the USA. I have been have a devil of a time just geting any, *any* application in Windows 7 to see my Sony HDR-HC7. The closest I've come is HDV-Split, which is freeware.

Now, as to your question, that sounds like a pixilation issue, in as much as you don't have enough data to fill the squares. That could be a throughput issue, a CPU issue, a camcorder issue, or any of a bunch.

I know the only way to get the "true" HD off the tapes and onto a telly are via the Blu-Ray.

But, as mentioned, I am stuck at the whole "capturing the video" piece. Both Sony and Microsoft, when asked directly, will only state they are "working on it".

I'll go back and take a look at the application you are using and see if I can get it to suck in my data off the firewire.
chrishull3

Post by chrishull3 »

With pinnacle 12 ultimate the hdv edited tapes i store on external drives burn to great menued BLU RAYS with my LG bd burner at full resolution.
buttylovessteam

But will Pinnacle 12 Ultimate run with Windows 7 64 bit?

Buttyy
York
UK
buttylovessteam

Edited a 34 min film with Studio Pinnacle 14 Ultimate burned onto a DVD at 8500 Kbits/sec no problem. Same film onto a DVD but AVCHD at 17000 Kbits/sec no problem. Same 34 min film again onto Blu-ray 25GB at 40000 Kbits/sec ok but a 2 to 3 min section the picture goes to small blocky bits?(you can still see image) I am also amazed at how good the quality of the AVCHD DVD is! There is not that much differance between that and the Blu-R quality.Trouble is you can only get 34 mins of video on a DVD at 17000 Kbits/sec. Are people who are using Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate having the same problems?