Sony AC-VQ1050 Power Adaptor question

HDR-FX1000 / HVR-Z5 (2008). HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (2007). HDR-FX7 / HVR-V1 (2006). HDR-FX1 / HVR-Z1 (2004).
rt2000

Sony AC-VQ1050 Power Adaptor question

Post by rt2000 »

Hi all

I have asked a question here before relating to the AC-VQ1050 and it's 12/24 volt DC power cable (Sony part # DCC-VQ1).

I have not had any results or feedback from Sony or a couple of other suppliers of this unit here in the UK which can be bought, including the DCC-VQ1 cable, as a separate power adaptor for about £130, expensive for a simple cable! Mine came with the Z5 I bought last year but the DCC-VQ1 12/24 cable is not included. As we tend to film quiet a lot away from home and in some cases where there is no power to charge the camera batteries I would like to buy this cable as a spare part (that was my request to Sony and suppliers mentioned above) but am having difficulty.

So, with the above in mind, I've decided to make a cable, not a difficult job except I'm not sure what the power plug which plugs into the AC-VQ1050 looks like. It seems a non standard plug just looking at the socket but I'm not sure. Has anyone on the forum got one of these AC-VQ1050's with the DC 12/24 volt power cord that could tell me what kind of plug is fitted that end please (I understand it is a right angle affair but that's about all) or even show me a photo of it.

Many thanks in advance folks

Ron