Sony PMW-EX1R and PMW-EX3 Rebates

PMW-EX1R (2009). PMW-EX3, PMW-EX1 (2008).
Frank

Re: Sony PMW-EX1R and PMW-EX3 Rebates

Post by Frank »

Steve, speaking of Vegas, and you may already know this, but Sony has scheduled two upcoming live Web-based events, listed below.

Note that the times (11 AM) are Central Standard Time, so you'll have to adjust for your time zone.

A chat with the Sony Creative Software training team
Friday, February 18, 2011 at 11:00am CST
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/news/chat-reg.asp

Mastering Keyframing Techniques in Vegas
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 11:00am CST
https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/ke ... rreg?cs=78

Regards,

Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
Read Frank's thoughts on HDV
[ also covers AVCHD (including AVCCAM & NXCAM) and XDCAM EX ].
steve

Re: Sony PMW-EX1R and PMW-EX3 Rebates

Post by steve »

To revive this thread on the same topic:
So Sony have at last announced a successor to the EX1R, the PMW-220. It has the same functional role as the EX1/3 except that the top codec is Sony's XDCAM-HD 4:2:2 50Mb/s one as used on the PMW-500. Although the format is the same as the EX1, the design seems to have a rear section that is common with the PMW-100, (which also records at 50Mb/s 4:2:2). The EX1's Full HD sensors and Fujinon lens are still there giving a reported improved low light performance. Despite losing the rotating grip, the camera should find favour with those broadcasting organisations that didn't re-equip when the Canon XF305 was released. I imagine that the fully compliant 1/2 inch lens front end would find easier acceptance than the Canon offering.
I wonder it it's release was delayed by last year's Tsunami. It won't be available until September at least, and I imagine that it will attract a premium price until the end of the year, (unless Canon decide to drop the XF series prices). For me, the FS100 series seems to offer some advantages, - if only it had an ND wheel.

Steve