HDV Split

Edit your videos. Upload them to the web. Burn blu-rays and DVDs. Colors look odd maybe? Fix'em in post, then!
redblanchard

HDV Split

Post by redblanchard »

This free HDTV video capture program works fine for me. But has anyone tried to have it recognize a seperate mic besides the one in the camers on i1394? The program is a freebie from "Paviko" and comes up fast with my camera picture/sound ready to capture. I just need a second mic input if possible?
steve

Re: HDV Split

Post by steve »

redblanchard wrote:This free HDTV video capture program works fine for me. But has anyone tried to have it recognize a seperate mic besides the one in the camers on i1394? The program is a freebie from "Paviko" and comes up fast with my camera picture/sound ready to capture. I just need a second mic input if possible?
Don't understand what you mean by "recognize a seperate mic besides the one in the camers on i1394?" All firewire capture applications just transfer whatever is present on the bus. If you use both microphone inputs on the camera, both their outputs will be digitised and sent with the video data.

If on the other hand you use a separate audio recording device, its data must be transferred separately to the computer.

Steve
redblanchard

Re: HDV Split

Post by redblanchard »

I should have mentioned that the second mic is a USB device. The camera has two mic plugs, but I wanted to use the USB mic concurrently.